New Age Cisco UCS 3260 Storage Server
Cisco released its latest storage server, the UCS 3260, at the Cisco Partner Summit in San Francisco last week. The Cisco UCS 3260 is specifically designed to handle unstructured data from sources like the internet, cellphones, videos, and collaborations. Cloud storage is in high demand with enterprises taking operations online, and Cisco delivers a high-performance and cost-effective option.
The server will provide analytics and insights on the stored data in real time. Various useful applications like diagnostic imaging, machine learning, video analytics, and streaming analytics help in building important insights and analysis. Smooth scalability and excellent cloud connectivity are the most prominent features of Cisco UCS 3260.
Advantages of Cisco UCS 3260
Cisco UCS 3260 is efficient in every aspect because of its modular architecture.
- The total cost of operation (TCO) is 50% less in comparison to public cloud services.
- It eases the management operations by 80%.
- The hassle of cables and wires is reduced by 70%.
- You can utilize the storage limit optimally as it occupies 60% less space.
- Save on energy expenditures with 59% savings when using UCS 3260.
Amazing Features of Cisco UCS 3260
- UCS 3260 offers large storage capacity of 600 TB in a four rack unit. This space can be scaled up to Petabytes using Cisco UCS Manager. It is compatible with SSD, spinning disks, NVMe or any combination of them.
- It comes with Xeon E5-2600 v2 CPU, dual two-socket server node with 36 cores in one server node. This translates to 72 cores in the whole system.
- It has a total of 1 TB DDR3 RAM, 512 GB for each server node.
- It has excellent connectivity options with NFS, iSCSI and Fiber Connect.
- It is equipped with dual 40 GB/sec ports for each server node. You always get efficient I/O operations even if the storage is scaled up.
- It has unified I/O connectivity for data transfers for any type of storage like NAS and SAN.
- It uses Cisco’s blade technology that enables you to upgrade the server’s components and prevent migration from one system to another in the case of an increase in data usage.
Indeed the new age cloud storage option delivers cutting edge performance and savings for enterprises. The move to cloud hosting will become imminent in a few years, and Cisco offers an affordable solution for those looking to upgrade now.